Saturday, March 15, 2008

extended spring break

Random thought today.

The news is full of political talk these days. In November, a new President will be elected- and it looks like it'll probably be Senator McCain, Senator Clinton, or Senator Obama. The three have been campaigning nearly non-stop throughout the recent primaries, and I wonder...

Why aren't they in the Senate? They are senators. Don't they have a job to do?

Maybe there's some rule or something that I don't know about, but I think it seems a little odd that they're flying around the country giving speeches and hosting town meetings and campaigning for their next job when their current job requires them to be in D.C., in the Senate. I understand this isn't your run-of-the-mill 'next job,' but still-- I guess I would just feel funny dropping my Senator responsibilities to campaign for so long, especially if I didn't win.

1 comment:

Autumn said...

I imagine that they are pardoned from their senator duties to do this. I'm not sure though...